Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Good food, bad food and just hanging out

Staying with my Uncle, he insists on our trying his favorite places to eat.  We don’t go out since he has trouble getting around, but we do take out.  One of his favorite places that we had never been to before is Panda Express.  They have a variety of shrimp, beef and pork dishes along with rice and noodles.  One order for Uncle lasts 3 days!  Another place he told us to go to was “The Habit”, it’s a burger place and all I can say is WOW!  For pasta he really likes “L.A. Lasagna Co”.  The Spaghetti with Marinara is wonderful and they have a chicken parmesan that just melts in your mouth .  Another great place is Joseph's Deli, melt in your mouth pastrami!  YUM!

When my Dad was alive we all used to go for breakfast at least once a week.  One of Jon’s favorite places was Uncle Bernie’s Deli.  So Jon and I went, not at all what we remembered!  This time the food was so bad that Jon actually sent it back!  He doesn’t usually do that.  Won’t be going there again anytime soon.

To say it’s been hot here is an understatement.  The daytime temps have been from a low of 85 to a high of 106, but the overnight temps have been delightful, there is a 40 degree difference between day and night, so sleeping is good.  As I said before ( I think I said this), we are parked in my Uncle’s driveway.  We have power, enough to run the AC part of the day, but that’s all we have.  Any water is from the holding tank, there is no place to get rid of water we’ve used.  We do spend a lot of afternoons at the malls, walking around trying to keep cool.  Mornings are spent sitting in the shade of the RV watching the birds around here.  We did drive up to Ventura one day, looking for one of our favorite meat markets in Saticoy.  It’s long gone, but the strawberry fields are still there, in fact we were told that now berries grow year round.  We bought some and they were fabulous!

This is a Golden Eagle across the street and here are some of the other birds we have seen around the house.

Here’s some from our day trip to Ventura.

And yes, I did get my feet wet, all the way up to my knees!  The water felt wonderful.  Some day, I will go back and get all the way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment